Events ~ Meetings ~ Presentations
Portland Harbor CAG
Meeting: Public Meeting
Date: 2nd Wednesdays (January, February, April, May, July, August, October, November)
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Where: Bureau of Environmental Services Water Pollution Control Laboratory
Address: 6543 N. Burlington Ave, Portland OR 97203
Regular CAG Meetings are held the 2nd Wednesday of each month. Occasionally a meeting is cancelled or changed to another location. Please check back here for updates. Best of all, subscribe to the PHCAG Google Calendar below to see current meeting information on your own calendar. Steering Group meetings are not meant to be open meetings for public participation, but interested residents who would like to participate in CAG activities are welcome to attend.
Portland Harbor CAG
Meeting and EPA Forum: Public Meeting
Date: 2nd Wednesday quarterly (March, June, September, December)
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Where: Location will vary (see below).
EPA holds the Public Forum-CAG Meeting September 11, 2019 December 11,2019 March 11,2020 and June 10, 2020. Occasionally a meeting is cancelled or changed to another location.
Here is a quick preview of CAG meetings. Note that these meeting topics are subject to change at any time:
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), with support from the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and the Portland Harbor Community Advisory Group (CAG), invites you to attend the next quarterly Portland Harbor Public Forum on Wednesday, September 11 from 7-9pm at the Immigrant Refugee and Community Organization (IRCO) located at 10301 NE Glisan St, Portland OR 97220.
To RSVP: Please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/epas-september-11-portland-harbor-public-forum-with-deq-cag-support-tickets-71381139911. You do not need to RSVP to attend, however, we encourage you to RSVP to provide us more information for set-up and logistics.
What is the purpose of the Portland Harbor Public Forum?
The Portland Harbor Public Forum is an opportunity for community members to meet with EPA and DEQ four times a year to understand and review information and updates about the Portland Harbor Superfund Site. This is also an opportunity to ask questions of the Potentially Responsible Parties (PRPs), however the 9/11 Public Forum is focused on EPA presentations.
- Listen to EPA discuss how alternative technologies are considered at Superfund Sites and how this relates to the Portland Harbor Superfund Site.
- Learn about how EPA is considering the effects of climate change, seismic effects, and flood rise in design for the cleanup.
- Engage in question and answer sessions with presenters!
When and where will the forum take place?
- Location: Immigrant Refugee and Community Organization (IRCO) – 10301 NE Glisan St, Portland OR 97220
- Room: The meeting will be held in the Sokhom Tauch Community Room (or Community Center)
- Time: 7:00-9:00 pm
- Food: Dinner will be provided by the Pre-Remedial Design Group and will include gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options by Tamale Boy.The food will be served on a first-come-first-served basis.
Public Transportation and Parking Information: Transportation and parking options to IRCO are as follows:
- Public Transportation – the MAX Blue Line drops off at the East 102nd Ave. Station (or a seven-minute walk) from the venue or Bus Line #19 drops off at NE 99th & Glisan (or a five-minute walk) from the venue.
- Biking – There are bike racks available if you decide to bike.
- Rideshare Services -Uber, Lyft, and taxis are readily available and will drive to IRCO.
- Parking – The parking lot for IRCO is right behind the building; however, note that it might be limited. There is also street parking in the neighborhood.
For more information:
- Website: www.epa.gov/superfund/portland-harbor
- Contact: Kizz Prusia, (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-583-0655; (extension 138) or Laura Knudsen (email@example.com or 206-553-1838)
OCTOBER 9, 2019
Topics: WILDLIFE, The Effects of Superfund upon birds, fish, mink, otter, red-legged frogs, and others.
Speakers—Audubon, NOAA, Trustee Council, Alvey Seyourman, others.
NOVEMBER 13, 2019 HUMAN HEALTH STUDIES
Topics: Effects of Superfund upon human health—Cancer, Endocrine Disrupters, Children, Development
Speakers—Beth Appert, EPA, others
DECEMBER 11, 2019—EPA—PUBLIC FORUM
Topics: CITY OF PORTLAND PLANNING after the Superfund
FEBRUARY 12, 2020
Speakers—Environmental Group Leaders, East Mult, West Mult. WRAG,
PHCC, PHCAG, North Willamette Watershed Council, PDX350
MARCH 10, 2020—EPA—PUBLIC FORUM