*Comment by 5/29/2020* DEQ Requests Comments on Proposed Portland Harbor Source Control Decision for City of Portland Outfalls Project: DEQ proposes to issue a source control decision that finds the city adequately investigated the sources of potential stormwater pollution and facilitated effective pollution reduction controls to protect the Willamette River. DEQ determined that controls for on-going discharges will be protective of remediated sediment in Portland Harbor, as well as fish, aquatic life and people. The public is invited to submit comments on the proposed decision until May 29, 2020 at 5pm Pacific. DEQ will consider all comments received prior to finalizing the decision. Find more information in the public notice here. Please also consider subscribing to receive updates from DEQ on Portland Harbor topics.
- Follow-Up from the virtual June 10th Portland Harbor Public Forum.
- State Seeks Comment on Temporary Closure of Willamette Cove
- Help make Portland Harbor information accessible and protect the cleanup!
- Portland, Port Join Settlement With Monsanto Over PCBs Contamination
- Feuds Among EPA, Companies Delay Cleanup of Contaminated Harbor