Also read the report on OPB: https://www.opb.org/news/article/superfund-portland-harbor-epa-cleanup-agreements/
EPA has some exciting news to share; eight new agreements (also known as Administrative Settlement Agreements and Order on Consent or ASAOCs) for remedial design have been signed this winter! When these new agreements are combined with existing remedial design agreements (Terminal 4, River Mile 11 East, Gasco), over half the acres that EPA’s final cleanup plan (the Record of Decision or ROD) designated for active remediation at the Site, will be in remedial design!
Curious where these agreements are located? For an updated, comprehensive map showing the project areas of all signed agreements and more information, please see EPA’s March 2020 Portland Harbor Superfund Site Updates fact sheet.
Remedial design funding made possible by the City of Portland and State of Oregon’s Site-wide Funding Agreement bolstered EPA’s negotiation efforts for the new agreements.
The working parties that have stepped up and signed these remedial design agreements with EPA show a strong commitment to moving the cleanup forward and serve as a great example of what we can accomplish when we work together.
Please read below for more details on all these new signed agreements.
*Revised Agreement* US Moorings and Navigation Channel Project Areas (part of existing GASCO agreement)
- Working Party: NW Natural
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100207114.pdf
- Date Signed: March 4, 2020
*New Agreement* River Mile 7 West Project Area
- Working Parties: Arkema Inc., Bayer Crop Science Inc.
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100205245.pdf
- Date Signed: February 21, 2020
*New Agreement* River Mile 10 West Project Area
- Working Party: General Electric Company
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100203315.pdf
- Date Signed: February 7, 2020
*New Agreement* Willbridge Cove Project Area
- Working Parties: Chevron U.S.A. Inc., Kinder Morgan Liquids Terminals LLC, McCall Oil and Chemical Corporation, Phillips 66 Company, and Shell Oil Company
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100201504.pdf
- Date Signed: January 31, 2020
*New Agreement* B1a Project Area
- Working Parties: Atlantic Richfield Company, BP Products North America Inc., Brix Maritime Co., Exxon Mobil Corporation, and Kinder Morgan Liquids Terminals LLC
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100201649.pdf
- Date Signed: January 31, 2020
*New Agreement* River Mile 10 East Project Area
- Working Party: Union Pacific Railroad Company
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100201606.pdf
- Date Signed: January 29, 2020
*New Agreement* River Mile 9 West Project Area
- Working Party: FMC Corporation
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100195470.pdf
- Date Signed: December 30, 2019
*New Agreement* Willamette Cove Project Area
- Working Parties: State of Oregon, City of Portland, Port of Portland, and settling federal agencies
- Link to Agreement: https://semspub.epa.gov/work/10/100204000.pdf
- Date Signed: December 13, 2019
Thank you, everyone!
– From the EPA Portland Harbor Superfund Team